Friday, July 6, 2012

Hanging at the Hub

It is about 6:45pm here in Adelaide, whilst it is 5:15am back home. I am sitting in the student Hub area on campus, working on papers and research while I wait for the clock to strike 9:00. I can explain....
Last weekend, I realized that having a cell phone with a net value of about $20 is a terrible/wonderful thing. The terrible part of the issue is that I do not value my cheap "pay as you go" phone enough to keep a close enough eye on it. From this, my phone went missing after a night in the city last weekend. Thankfully, I was still able to communicate through email and facebook for this past week, and hope and pray that my phone would be found; which brings me to the wonderful aspect of having a non-smart phone. No one wanted the phone badly enough to steal it! Hooray! Electric Circus (where I lost it) called my homestay sister and they actually found the silly thing. The business is not open until 9 tonight, so after a full day of internship at V.S.S., I patiently wait and work on homework until I can walk across town, grab the phone, and finally catch the bus home.
Today has been a pretty typical day for what I have experienced so far in Australia: Learning much, both from school and work, but also through life experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment