Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Thinking Ahead

I thought that I was busy at the beginning of this adventure. The whole program has been calm compared to recently. Within the past week or so, I have been to concerts, karaoke, internships, and midnight walks on the beach with new friends; while I still have yet to finish up school work, go to Uluru (Ayer's Rock), have farewells, and pack before heading to Sydney and Cairns. I have had the opportunity to meet so many wonderful new people. The other American students I have met on the trip will be friends forever. Even though I have been staying at a homestay, I have still managed to become extremely close with the other study abroad students. The Australian friends I have made are begging me to rearrange my flights and/or come back very soon. I would have no problem doing either of those, if only I had a job of some sort here. Since the Australian economy is extremely well-off at the moment, my American earned dollars are not going very far. This does in fact mean that I will not be rearranging flights and staying longer, but I do look forward to coming back and catching up in the future (hopefully sometime in the summer whenever the beach is not so breezy). Attached is a photo I took of an Australian sunset. I will only be able to enjoy this for one more week!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment