Friday, July 6, 2012

What have I been doing, you ask?

Aside from classes, and interning, I have been taking beach walks, attending music trivia games, hanging out with the other Americans  for the 4th of July, and meeting heaps of new people through my homestay sister, Scarlett. I have developed a wide new vocabulary that I can't wait to bring home. Aussies use word like heaps, keen, parroed, uni, capsuchin, and jumper. Sometimes, it is as if they are speaking English, but I cannot understand them! So glad I didn't go to a different speaking country. English is apparently "arduous" enough.
It feels as though I have completely settled in in Adelaide, but I can already see the end of my program coming up way too fast. I have already had many of those "I don't want to come home" moments. Wish me luck in getting on the plane back to the States. I am not looking forward to unregulated food, the accents that I grew up with, 20 degree winters, and, most of all, rude Americans. Nearly everyone I have met here so far have been prime examples of kindness, acceptance, health, and awareness. Aussies are a different breed of Anglo's; a breed that I could get used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment