Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Slow Down!

My program is going way too fast! I only have about 2 more weeks before I come back home, and I feel like I have only been here for a few days. My politics class has already ended, and the community class' end is quickly approaching. I still have much work to finish up before coming home, and many trips to still make.
As a group, we went to Kangaroo Island last weekend. BEAUTIFUL! I could not get over the amazing scenery and wildlife. I even got to pet an echidna and sleep outside next to a fire! The whole evening, I was terrified of waking up next to a snake or spider. We went sandboarding and fit TEN people on three sandboards connected together, then went soaring down a sand dune. See attached picture! Best time ever.
This weekend, we are learning how to play footie, which is apparently a mix between football and soccer. Should be.....interesting, considering how uncoordinated I am. The weekend to follow, we will be taking a trip into the outback and camping out. I predict this outing will remind me of home. The only thing that will be missed is s'mores. They do not have graham crackers in Australia. I suppose they make up for it in having other fantastic foods. These past few weeks have been a whirlwind of fun and excitement and I am already trying to plan a return trip.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment