Thursday, June 28, 2012

Classes have begun

Classes here at UniAdelaide started on Monday. I am taking a course in Australian politics and a community engagement project. The politics class is extremely difficult to follow. All of the students have some sort of background in how Australia's system works...except me. Many of the students are law students. The four hour long class consists of me sitting in a lecture theater, then a tutorial, and listening in on political debates about people, policies, and issues that I have never heard of. Granted, I am learning a lot about Australia's political framework, and the class has progressively been easier to catch onto, but it is a rough 4 hours. On the other hand, the Community project is interesting! I have been placed with the Victims Support Service and will be working with victims of crimes, and victims' family members starting next week. This goes perfectly along with what I study back home and will give me a great sociology outlook on the cases that I will be dealing with back home.
Today, I am doing some city exploring and museum attending, and Saturday, we are taking a trip to Coorong National Park. All in all, this week has flown by, and I am soaking so many things in in very little time.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment