Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Settling In

WOW! After a 2 hour flight delay, having to sprint as fast as I possibly could to two different airport gates, and a 15 hour flight with a smelly neighbor, I have finally made it to Adelaide, Australia. The people here are the nicest I have ever encountered and so eager to help confused Americans. My home-stay family has been helping me adjust to their beach house :)
The weather is so much chillier than I expected. 60 degrees in Australia feels different than 60 degrees in Pennsylvania. I am trying to get used to temperature and weight conversions, Aussie accents, as well as phone numbers that start with 0.
So far I have explored the beach and the market, of which I have attached a picture. What an experience. There was everything from sqid ink noodles, to pig's heads being sold. Tomorrow I have orientation for The University of Adelaide, and will then be off to Cleland Wildlife Park for adventures.
Adjusting is a bit overwhelming, but so far, I am having a great time.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment